Monday, January 17, 2011

The RainBow called Friendship..!!









I still remember my very first best-friend,Ankita Pal,we were three years old back then,I loved her because she used to do everything I would want her to do and I,being a slight megalomaniac,have always enjoyed authority even when I was a kid..we only had one giant swing in our montessori and she always used to let me ride,never fought with me and used to fight with the other boys if they would bug me in someway...that was me three years old.. After joining Jodhpur Girls in 1st standard,I was mostly lonely and my best-friends used to change every year..I wasn't what you call a popular kid,in fact I was considered a nerd,very much into books and least concerned about looking pretty and talking about boys till standard eight..Then I got my best ever friend,Ria,a girl who was opposite to me in each and every possible way,hates studying,always having crush in some hot guy she saw on her way to school,very pretty and cute and of course popular and in demand among the boys of neighbouring schools.What made us best of friends was possibly because of the fact that we were opposite..I used to feel happy when she got complements for her looks and she would be proud on me if I got the highest marks in History even if she flunked in Geography..


          After twelfth,we went our separate ways,she studied in Kolkata in JU in ECONOMICS Hons,I took engineering,but never the less we kept in touch..In my technical college,the initial days were cruel,I got ragged by seniors,something they called INTRO(INTRODUCTION IN SHORT).They made me propose them in many ways,and I had to propose the senior bhaiyas in KUCH KUCH HOTA HAI STYLE,in GHULAM style and many more..I still remember 1st time a senior bhaiya forced me to say "I LOVE YOU" to him..I cried all my way back to my girls hostel in the bus,felt as if I  am emotionally raped  for saying  those three words to a stranger as I had never said it to anyone before.
After a while,B.TECH  had gotten  into me..I started to find even more creative  ways to propose those seniors if they ask me (specially if he was a cutie),and became a very popular junior.Made many friends in college,mostly Non-Bengali and mostly boys,and had FUN and experimented in every ways through out my DEGREE years.The level of comfort we shared,our group,was a point of jealousy for many..We were friends and could talk about absolutely anything to each other,they were always just a call away, for me and if I had a heart-break,they would always receive my call and hear me out and slang the one who broke my heart and made me feel okay!!GOD..I MISS YOU GUYS...

We made many promises..to be in each others lives once college is over.Well, in life I have learnt one thing..PROMISES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN..and we have to deal with it..life drifted all of us apart and we do not know  WHAZZUP with the other..and amazingly,mostly I am okay with it ...and I know they too are..for it takes two to tango..and to keep in touch..
 Now,in my professional life,mostly everything is formal and cordial,there is no place to be KEWL for it will cost me my job..But as always,now also I get to have some colleagues who are there when I need a hand,and I believe,they are actually friends in disguise,everybody needs somebody..they also seek friendship the way I do.. like that song "somebody to love"


Friends will come and go..but if we remain good within and be able to remember the basic lessons of being nice,loyal and have a good heart,we will find them again..lots more friends to come..and the ones who were there,will also come back and when they do,without any judgement ,grab their hands ...hold them tight and never let them go..they once made your life colourful..filled your life with the V-I-B-G-Y-O-R of their love and kindness and a lovely relationship called friendship..CHEERS TO LIFE...CHEERS TO FRIENDSHIP!!


12 comments:

  1. Friendship according to me is an ELIXIR of life, it always tends to improve d condition of your life, would always take you to a brighter side, bt alas as every1 says nothing is foreva, so is d case wid frndz :(, new come, old leave but all for the betterment of you. Hoping to b in ur list of frndz as long as i may, tc luv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diffrnt shades....diffrnt situations...diffrnt defintions....but ultimately,all mingling togeder to form 'FRIENDSHIP'.....emotions,fun,wrdz,care n da trust to stand n walk togeder......

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ankit:<3 buds...my friends in disguise.. ;-) glad to find u ppl @ this stage of my life...BB rocks!!!ekdum bara-wala patthar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anustup:wow!!!!!nicely written and summed up..kudos anu.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't have so much to say, but i can say that FRIENDSHIP is ETERNAL.
    never ever be shattered if anything happens..there will be FRIENDS beside u all the time..!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yup...totally agree,maybe their faces will change,but they will be there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friendship Roxxxx....for ur blog....jus one word...'WOW'....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @zenith:thanxxx dea ,for uor "WOW"

    ReplyDelete